Saturday, January 17, 2009

I tend to live in the past because most of my life is there.

~Herb Caen

.

One More Day to Live

If I had only one more day to live,

All love, praise, and glory to you I'd give.

I'd try my best to put a smile on someone's face

to share with them your saving grace.

.

I'd remember things about my life

The times you were there through fun and strife,

And thank you then for all you've done.

Without you no victories would have been won.

.

If I have one more day before I die

I would apologize to the kid I made cry.

I would take back the harsh words said to everyone,

And fill their hearts with laughter and fun.

.

If I only had one more day

I wouldn't push anyone away.

I wouldn't try to hurt a friend

because I should love them to the very end.

.

Why not live each day as if it were our last

Looking towards our future and forgetting the past

to be a better human being each day we live

And most importantly to always give.
~by Carol Ann
.

.

.

.

***

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This one is for Herb Caen:
“You can clutch the past so tightly to your chest that it leaves your arms too full to embrace the present.”
Jan Glidewell quotes